COVID -19 UPDATE
Following the recent UKAF Hockey ECM the committee set out to provide further guidance to the single services on the conduct of hockey at service and UKAF level, specifically with regard the indoor season. The UKAF Chairman has agreed the following:
- IS Indoor, Aldershot 18 – 19 Nov 20 to be cancelled.
- IS Outdoor will take place at HMS Temeraire 23-24 Mar 21.
- Centenary Dinner is postponed to 2022 to realign with IS Outdoor in Aldershot.
- Centenary Tournament will be held at HMS Temeraire in Jun / Jul 22.
- Tri-Service Cup Jul 20 / 21 RAF Halton – decision pending Dec 20 following review of unit hockey in the three services.
As a result of the above the AHA regret that there will also be no Inter-Corps indoor hockey this season. At present a return to outdoor hockey is limited to Army level and Corps level only. Participation in competitive unit level matches will be reviewed in Oct by the AHA committee. Any questions please do not hesitate to contact the AHA Office.
The Army Hockey Association was founded in 1908 to promote, develop and encourage indoor and outdoor hockey for Army personnel of all ranks and at all levels. The Army has 3 Men’s teams; Senior, Masters and U25 and 2 Women’s teams; Senior and Masters. The Army teams compete regularly at Inter Service and national level as well as overseas.